Top 5 Under 5 is a series of posts dedicated to giving you the best 5 links in a day, week, or on a subject that you can consume in 5 minutes a piece.
Unless you are living under a rock, or fairly removed from the evangelical blog-world, you are probably aware of the attention Rob Bell, the pastor of Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, has been getting for his new book “Love Wins.” Not only has the blog world been lit up by Bell for the a few weeks now, but the secular media has caught on as well. Rob Bell has been interviewed on many of the major networks including MSNBC, GMA and many others.
Here are a few of the best links to bring you up to speed on the Bell discussion. It should be said that not all these links can be consumed in “under 5 minutes” … but close. Also, I am assuming that you’ve already seen the video promo for the book that started all this, but if not, it would be a good idea to start there. Now, without further ado, here are your Top 5 Under (or close to) 5 Rob Bell links:
- Albert Mohler’s Review of “Love Wins” and Rob Bell’s Theology: In this article, the president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary gives a thorough review of the book and Bell’s theology. If you are trying to understand where Bell is coming from and how his theology fits into biblical and historical theology, this is a must read!
- Rob Bell’s interview with Martin Bashir (vide0): This interview has been getting all sorts of attention in the Twitter and blog world. Martin does a great job of asking the hard questions and trying to get to the core of Bell’s message. Though many people don’t like the way Martin handled this interview, I am personally a fan of his bold, direct, and honest interview style.
- After the interview with Rob, Martin Bashir’s Take (audio): I love “behind the scene” kinds of interviews, and this is one! After Martin Bashir‘s interview with Bell, he does this call in interview about his own take on Bell, his own beliefs, and a great synopsis of where the message of “Love Wins” gets off track. Great interview!
- Full book review by Tim Challies and Aaron Armstrong: this is a fantastic review with great quotations from the book and deep theological and biblical perspective.
- Rob Bell Talks about the Book at his home Church (vide0): There is nothing like hearing straight from Rob himself. In this video Rob gives his church body the thought behind why he wrote this book.
If you’ve found other great links, please share them below. Otherwise, in my opinion, these five will get you up to speed and give you a strong perspective on this controversial book.
What are your thoughts on this book?